In the School of Art + Design, we want to make sure that we all feel safe and are safe! We’ll do this in a number of ways, from having conversations, creating community agreements, and listening to the needs of our classmates. All of this work will build off of the clear foundation that the university has set up in the updated Student Code of Conduct. Please take time to read it.
Student Code of Conduct
The University has established rules and policies to make the return to the classroom as safe as possible. It is required for everyone to follow all the Return to Campus rules and policies. To participate in this class, PSU requires students to comply with the following.
Masks Required at all Times in Classroom
- Wear a mask or face covering indoors at all times. Your mask or face covering must be properly worn (fully covering nose and mouth and tight fitting). Mesh masks, face shields, or face covering that incorporates a valve designed to facilitate easy exhalation are not acceptable. Because a mask must be worn in the classroom, there should be no eating or drinking in the classroom. If you have a medical condition or a disability that prevents you from wearing a mask or cloth face covering, you must obtain an accommodation from the Disability Resource Center (DRC) to be exempt from this requirement. CDC, State, and County guidance does not limit class size for in-person instruction or require physical distancing.
- Be vaccinated against COVID-19 and complete the COVID-19 vaccination attestation form. Those students with medical or nonmedical exemptions or who will not be on campus at all must complete the process described on “COVID-19 Vaccine Exemption Request Form” to establish those exemptions. Health Check, Illness, Exposure or Positive Test for COVID-19
Health Check, Illness, Exposure or Positive Test for COVID-19
- Complete the required self-check for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus each day.
- If you are feeling sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, do not come to campus. Call SHAC to discuss your symptoms and situation (503.725.2800). They will advise you on testing, quarantine, and when you can return to campus.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, report your result to SHAC and do not come to campus. SHAC will advise you on quarantine, notification of close contacts and when you can return to campus.
- Please notify me/your instructors should you need to miss a class period for any of these reasons so that we can discuss strategies to support your learning during this time.
- If I become ill or need to quarantine during the term, either I or the department chair will notify you via PSU email about my absence and how course instruction will continue.
Failure to Comply with Any of these Rules
As the instructor of this course, the University has given me the authority to require your compliance with these policies. If you do not comply with these requirements, I may ask you to leave the classroom or I may need to cancel the class session entirely. In addition, failure to comply with these requirements may result in a referral to the Office of the Dean of Student Life to consider charges under PSU’s Code of Conduct. A student found to have violated a university rule (or rules) through the due process of student conduct might face disciplinary and educational sanctions (or consequences). For a complete list of sanctions, see Section 14 of the Student Code of Conduct & Responsibility.
Guidance May Change
Please note that the University rules, policies, and guidance may change at any time at the direction of the CDC, State, or County requirements. Please review the University’s main COVID-19 Response webpage and look for emails from the University on these topics.